Friday, April 27, 2012

Something to be said...

Surely there is something to be said, right?

Haven't been working much lately, despite the excellent opportunity I have to write at this time. Over the last few weeks, I've been King-ing a bit: reread Carrie, Salem's Lot, and On Writing. Also, I've been interacting with writing communities, both online and in town. Trying to ground my efforts a bit more, and find a good comparison point as well.

Its time to start it back up though. I'm feeling sort of sick with inaction, and its a bad feeling. I'm scared again. My inactivity frightens me, and so does the weight I feel pulling me toward this stuff all of the time. I'm courting obsession, but it seems to be without compulsion. Dangerous combination: it breeds deep dissatisfaction.

Still, the cards keep falling. Their arrangement is promising, but I can't figure out what the promise is....

No comments:

Post a Comment